Know how to tell the boys from the girls at Rocking Dog Ranch? Boy's sport their ear tags on the right.....girl's on the left. That is my G rated version of telling them apart.
My favorite girl lamb...shhh, don't tell the others!
| Coyote Girl's ewe lamb |
I mentioned in a post that I had to pull both of Coyote Girl's lambs. I'm pretty sure I talked to CG the whole time I pulled and helped clean her babies up. Okay, I'm chatty at times. All that to be said, I do believe these lambs imprinted with me....so now when I come into the lamb area, they will come right up to me and let me catch them. They are so stinking cute, I always snatch them up....giving them hugs and kisses. Wonder how long it will last?
The sheep I held back for dog work came running to get their viddles today. As I look outside now, the snow is melting away. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the teens overnight....then those cute lambs get kicked out into their new digs on Saturday.
Now it is time to get some home chores done....washing and cooking and maybe a visit with the vacuum.
Seize the Day!
Funny, I do the opposite, girls have tags in their right ear and boys in the left. :^)
ReplyDeleteNice looking lambs. Two weeks until we lamb here.
@Kathy, I know, many people do it your way...I do that because I am a girl and I wear my ring on my left hand. That is how I remember. Otherwise I was always saying "what side does the tag go on?" It works for me....
ReplyDeleteLove those lambies!!!
ReplyDelete