Yesterday, I drove up to Arlington, Washington to work with Kathy Kn*x......the drive home was crazy! Wind and deluge rain.....top speeds of 45 mph while hydroplaning.....I began to wonder if my Mother Trucker days might be coming to an end. I'll post more on the clinic in the coming days....but I am now officially on lamb duty.
Sorry about this rear shot...but hey, that is exactly what I am looking at 5-6 times a day. These two girls look like they might be ready later vs sooner....but have a look in the background.
That there is my little Nellie girl. Always ready to give a helping hand. She cracks me up and adds brightness to my day.
My woolly ewes should go here in the next three days. A couple of them look like they will twin for sure. This ewe goes around groaning with every step. She keeps complaining about her swollen feet, how she can't bend to tie her shoes, and she can't sleep at night or get comfortable.
I've employed a different strategy this year. First I synchronised my breeding with CIDR plugs. The vote will be in on the use of those at the end of lambing season. I keep having nightmares of coming out to check for lambs...and finding them everywhere...with no ewe knowing which 100 babies are hers. Second, I fed better. Only the smallest amount of alfalfa and not too much of grass hay....going for smaller lambs and hoping my pull rate is decent. Third,
this is not a sign that my obsession has gotten me kicked out of the house....really! I moved the RV out to the ranch so when needed, I can spend a night or two with the girls.
Let the lambing being....off to check!
Seize the Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment