Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ode to All Things Pups

My friend from Behaviors of a Dog Mom had a litter of winter pups....well, her Lucy had the pups and my friend was a fabulous puppy-raiser.  Her job titles included taxi driver, with a LONG round-trip to Canada ........ wedding coordinator ...... doula ........ nanny........indoor park manager........ and play date facilitator, as well as chef.  Amazing all the hats a person has to wear to put forth a well socialized pup.

This puppy really wanted me....


And then there was this little fellow....


He was just teasing me because HE is Rye...the keeper and subject of his very own blog!

This was the one little princess.....


And this cute boy....aren't his eyes beautiful?  I wonder what color they will end up being.....


Although puppies are very cute and warm your heart in ways that only puppies can......I love this part:


The Beginning!  This is Lana and my pup 8 month old pup, Bracken.  If I could have had a pup from Mint's litter....Bracken was the girl I would have picked.  Here she is on sheep for a little "let's see" exposure. 


I just love watching the young dogs.  Gently looking at the package wondering what all is in there and then starting to unwrap them......seeing their natural talents and sorting out how to best bring out what lies inside!  Sigh....

You can watch video footage of Bracken on Lana's 10-7 blog.  It will be fun to watch her grow up......

The sun is shining here in the Willamette Valley.....I think I will go work my pup.  Gyp is now the designated "chore dog" and I'm loving how she is sorting out the sheep and applying her understanding to get the jobs done. 

Seize the Day!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting Lucy's kids. You got some great pictures! Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete