Monday, February 14, 2011

Teaser....

Here they are.....my twin ewe lambs from yesterday afternoon.


Last night, I stayed in the RV at my little ranchette.  Funny, after owning my place for 6 years this was my first all-nighter.  I knew coyotes lived around the place but yikes....they were close this morning when I did a 4 a.m. check.  No real worries because I do lamb in the barn and once they are ready to turn out....guard llama, Grace should take care of the babies. 

But back to 4 a.m.....I had to pull my first lamb of the season. I wondered if 820 would need some help...she is a tiny short-legged ewe, one of a 2008 set of triplets so she never achieved her full potential. She was looking pretty big.  After a little drama...I pulled yet another ewe lamb of color!


Little 101 is very excited to have friends to play with, although he is huge now that he is two weeks old.  And while 820 and I were busy with the birth of 104......the twins practiced their skipping moves in the jug next door!

Nap time.....

Seize the Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment